Plastic surgery can boost your confidence by helping you achieve your ideal look. There are a variety of procedures available and each one addresses a different concern. In many cases, you may have multiple changes you would like to make at one time. Undergoing multiple plastic surgery procedures at one time is a great way to do this. Plastic surgery combinations are fairly common and we can help you determine whether or not having multiple procedures at once is a good option for you.
Is It Safe to Combine Plastic Surgeries?
In general, it is safe to combine multiple cosmetic procedures into one surgery. In fact, it is usually safer than splitting up the surgeries since this means you only have to go under anesthesia once.
However, this doesn’t mean that it is always a good idea to undergo multiple procedures at once. It’s important to discuss your individual situation with a plastic surgeon to determine the best course of action.
Here are some pros and cons to keep in mind when considering whether to combine plastic surgery procedures:
Benefits of Plastic Surgery Combinations
- You only need to go under anesthesia once.
- You can personalize the procedures you include to target multiple concerns at one time.
- There is only one recovery period.
- Costs are typically lower for a combined procedure compared to scheduling multiple procedures at different times.
Downsides of Combining Surgeries
- You will need to stay under anesthesia for a longer period of time. Depending on your health, this may not be ideal. This also limits the number of procedures that can be done at one time.
- Although you will only have to go through the recovery period once, it will often be longer than recovery for a single procedure. This does vary depending on the procedures you combine, as some add to the recovery time more than others.
Common Plastic Surgery Combinations
A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgeries that address physical changes to a woman’s body after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Some common procedures to include are:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Breast augmentation or reduction
- Breast lift
Tummy Tuck and Liposuction
Liposuction removes stubborn fat deposits, whereas a tummy tuck removes excess skin. Combining the two is often beneficial for achieving a slimmer profile. Keep in mind that for both procedures, you should be at or very close to your ideal weight.
Breast Reduction and Lift
Breast reductions are typically combined with a lift. This is because there is often excess skin that needs to be addressed while removing breast tissue. Lifts are also often combined with breast implant removal for the same reason.
Facelift and Blepharoplasty
Facelifts and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) both reduce signs of aging, which is why combining them is sometimes beneficial. You can also add non-surgical procedures, such as Dysport injections, after the surgeries to preserve and enhance your results.
Plastic Surgeons in Tucson
At Hess & Sandeen Plastic Surgery, our skilled surgeons can combine multiple procedures to help you look your best. We are happy to discuss your aesthetic goals which surgery or surgeries would be the best fit for you.